To help you get ready for that, I offer classes in breastfeeding and infant care.
- Group Class: First Sunday of the month, "Infant Care & Breastfeeding" class at City Births, 370 W 58 ST, 10-1 or 2-5, scheduled the day after my childbirth series so you can take them sequentially.
- Private Classes: Any time you like, in your home or office.
(Note: You can register for these classes without taking childbirth, but I strongly suggest you take all of it.)
- Grooming, diapering and bathing
- When to call the pediatrician
- Sleep issues
- Coping with fussiness and colic
- Finding breaks
- Getting out
- Setting up a nursery
- Establishing a proper latch
- Ensuring that the baby is feeding well
- Troubleshooting/Common Concerns about breastfeeding
- What to do if you need more help
- Emotional issues around breastfeeding
Should my partner come? Yes. If there are two parents, the class is for both of you.
Do we take this before or after the birth? Either, but almost everyone takes them prenatally because afterwards you're kind of busy.
To schedule a private infant care or breastfeeding class prenatally, contact me.