If you imagine "childbirth class" as a room full of long-braided ladies from the 1970s, panting and blowing rhythmically, perhaps you don't relate.
There's way more than that! A good class gives you:
- time to mentally prepare for what's to come
- basic information about how childbirth works, to build confidence,
- lots of practical tools to help you cope with labor and work with your partner,
- information about medical procedures and options, specific to to how things are really done in your zip code,
- guidance about how to interact with staff to get the best care and a good experience,
- the chance to meet others going through this, laugh a lot, learn a lot and have fun.
You can do this! And, more importantly, if you're pregnant, you're going to do this. So take a class that builds confidence.
(Got more questions? Check out the FAQ).
I currently teach group classes and private classes:
- Group class: First Saturday of the month, 10-5, City Births, 370 W 58 St, $375/couple. (lunch included) Note: You can register for this class without taking Infant Care & Feeding but I strongly suggest you take that, too -- it helps.
- Private Classes: Anytime you like, in your home or office. Private classes are as short or long as you need, and tailored to your individual circumstances. Fee depends on length of class.
To schedule a private class, contact me.